Sunday, November 4, 2018 — TORONTO (November 4, 2018) – Following an 81-game regular season, the 106th Grey Cup Playoff matchups are now set. The Eastern Semi-Final features West Division crossovers the BC Lions visiting Tim Hortons Field to take on the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. In the Western Semi-Final, the Saskatchewan Roughriders will host the Winnipeg Blue Bombers at Mosaic Stadium.
Sunday, November 11th at 1 p.m. ET
BC Lions at Hamilton Tiger-Cats
Buy tickets to the Eastern Semi-Final in Hamilton
- Hamilton is hosting a home playoff game for the fifth time in six years.
- Hamilton owns a 27-17 (.614) home playoff record.
- BC has an 11-23 (.324) road playoff record.
- This is the fifth time BC has crossed over into the East Division (2014, 2009, 2003 and 1997).
- Hamilton hosted BC in 2009 at the Eastern Semi-Final where the Lions defeated the Tiger-Cats 34-27 in overtime.
- The two teams met twice this season in back-to-back weeks. In Week 15 BC completed a comeback to beat Hamilton 35-32 in Vancouver. The following week Hamilton split the series by beating the Lions 40-10.
- The two teams met in the 73rd Grey Cup in Montreal (1985) where the Lions were victorious 37-24.
- BC Lions coach Wally Buono has 18 career playoff wins – second all-time behind Frank Clair (22). This will be the 23rd playoff appearance for Wally as a coach in 25 years of coaching.
Sunday, November 11th at 4:30 p.m. ET
Winnipeg Blue Bombers at Saskatchewan Roughriders
Buy tickets to the Western Semi-Final in Saskatchewan
- This marks the first time Saskatchewan has hosted a playoff game since 2013 and will be the first playoff game at new Mosaic Stadium. The same year the Riders last hosted a playoff game was the year they last won the Grey Cup.
- Saskatchewan has a 23-26-1 (.588) home record in the playoffs.
- Winnipeg’s road record in the playoffs is 21-32 (.396)
- The last time the two teams met in the playoffs was in 2003 when Saskatchewan went on the road to Winnipeg and won 37-21.
- The team met in the regular season on three occasions. Week 12 saw the Roughriders win at home 31-23. Week 13 saw Saskatchewan sweep the home and home series following a 32-27 victory. In the final matchup Winnipeg shutout Saskatchewan 31-0 at Investors Group Field during Week 18.
Please note that media accreditation for the 106th Grey Cup Playoffs is handled through the teams and subject to CFL approval.
Here is a list of the six teams in the 106th Grey Cup Playoffs, including their all-time playoff records and winning percentage from 1936-present:
- BC (21-32, with a .396 winning percentage)
- Calgary (47-46-2, with a .505 winning percentage)
- Saskatchewan (43-50-2, with a .463 winning percentage)
- Winnipeg (61-51-2, with a .544 winning percentage)
- Hamilton (42-46-1, with a .478 winning percentage)
- Ottawa (43-41, with a .512 winning percentage)
The Eastern and Western Finals will take place on November 18th. The Ottawa REDBLACKS will host the Eastern Final at 1 p.m. ET and the Calgary Stampeders will host the Western Final at 4:30 p.m. ET.
Visit www.cfl.ca/playoffs to purchase tickets throughout the 106th Grey Cup playoffs.