TORONTO (September 26, 2022) – Week 17 playoff scenarios for the 109th Grey Cup on November 20 from Mosaic Stadium in Saskatchewan:
- Winnipeg WIN OR Calgary LOSS = Winnipeg clinches a home playoff date
- Saskatchewan LOSS AND Calgary WIN = Saskatchewan can only qualify for the playoffs via crossover
- Edmonton LOSS AND Saskatchewan WIN = Edmonton is eliminated from playoff contention
- No team can clinch a playoff spot this week
- Winnipeg secured a postseason berth for the sixth consecutive season in Week 13.
- Toronto clinched a home playoff date for the second-straight season in Week 16.
- Calgary secured a playoff appearance for a club-record 17th straight season in Week 16. The streak is tied for fourth-longest in CFL history.
- BC clinched its first playoff berth since 2018 in Week 16.
If the fourth-place team in division A – A4 – has more points than the third-place team in division B – B3 (they cannot be tied), A4 will cross over and take the place of B3 in terms of playoff seeding. A4 will then compete against B2 in the division B semi-final.
WEEK 17 SCHEDULE
- Friday, September 30 at 8 p.m. ET – Saskatchewan at Winnipeg
- Friday, September 30 at 10:30 p.m. ET – Ottawa at BC
- Saturday, October 1 at 4 p.m. ET – Montreal at Edmonton
- Saturday, October 1 at 7 p.m. ET – Toronto at Calgary