Wednesday, March 21, 2018 — Wednesday, March 1st (WINNIPEG) – On Thursday, March 22, over 160 local Jumpstart kids aged 9-12 years old from Greenway School and Victory School will participate in a football skills session led by 10 current CFL players at the RBC Convention Centre. Following the session, the kids will meet with CFL Commissioner Randy Ambrosie as well as have an autograph session with the CFL players.
WHAT: Over 160 Jumpstart kids aged 9-12 years old from Greenway School and Victory School will have the experience of a lifetime as they participate in football drills led by CFL players
WHEN: Thursday, March 22 from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
WHERE: RBC Convention Centre
WHO: Ten current CFL players:
- Alex Singleton, Linebacker, Calgary Stampeders
- Andrew Harris, Running Back, Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Manny Arceneaux, Slotback, BC Lions
- Brad Sinopoli, Wide Receiver, Ottawa REDBLACKS
- Jerome Messam, Running Back, Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Mike Reilly, Quarterback, Edmonton Eskimos
- Maurice Leggett, Defensive Back, Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Willie Jefferson, Defensive Lineman, Saskatchewan Roughriders
- John Bowman, Defensive End, Montreal Alouettes
- Simoni Lawrence, Linebacker, Hamilton Tiger Cats
Over 160 kids aged 9-12 from Greenway School and Victory School
Randy Ambrosie, CFL Commissioner
***Photo opportunities include:
- The Grey Cup
- Group photo with kids/players/Grey Cup/CFL Commissioner
- Kids throwing footballs
- CFL players interacting with kids
- Local kids participating in sport
Jumpstart is a national charity that helps children from financially disadvantaged families in Canada participate in organized sport and physical activity by covering the costs of registration, equipment and/or transportation.
*If media is interested in speaking to Randy Ambrosie, it is recommended they arrive no later than 12:15 p.m.
Manager, Communications & Public Affairs