Wednesday, November 18, 2015 — TORONTO -- The Canadian Football League (CFL) has signed a partnership with Zerofootprint Carbon to make the 103rd Grey Cup presented by Shaw environmentally friendly.
Zerofootprint Carbon will conduct a greenhouse gas inventory for the Grey Cup game, and together with the CFL will offset all lighting and waste emissions to make this year’s Grey Cup carbon-neutral.
If fans would like to join the CFL in reducing the footprint of their Grey Cup experience, Zerofootprint Carbon has several suggestions:
- If you’re travelling to the Grey Cup by air, you can calculate and completely offset the carbon emissions from your flight at zerofootprintoffsets.com
- Reduce waste and recycle wherever possible
- Conserve water by reducing shower times
- Turning down your heat overnight and when you’re not at home
- Limit car travel by carpooling and taking advantage of public transportation where possible to get to the game
- Turn off all the lights in your hotel room or home before you leave for the Grey Cup!
“This partnership with Zerofootprint Carbon is an important one both for the CFL and for all of us as citizens of the earth. We’re proud to be doing our part to help the environment and reducing our carbon footprint, and I’d like to encourage all Canadians to do the same. It’s our goal to make sure that the only lasting impacts of Canada’s largest single-day sporting event are the great time we’ll have and the memories we’ll make.”
–Jeffrey L. Orridge, CFL Commissioner
”Zerofootprint Carbon has always been a strong supporter of the CFL, from cheering on our favourite teams to providing environmental support by offsetting the carbon emissions from the Grey Cup in previous years. It is important for all fans taking part in the Grey Cup in Winnipeg and at home to do their part to reduce the impact of the game and we’re happy to do ours.”
–Ron Dembo, Founder & CEO, Zerofootprint Carbon
Zerofootprint Carbon is a socially responsible enterprise whose mission is to apply technology, design and risk management to the massive reduction of our environmental footprint. We specialize in greenhouse gas accounting, carbon risk valuation, life cycle analyses, and carbon offsets. Visit www.zerofootprintcarbon.com for more information.
- 30 -