CFL COMBINE PRESENTED BY NEW ERA SET FOR EDMONTON
Commonwealth Stadium Field House welcomes prospects from March 22-26
TORONTO (March 9, 2023) – The top national and global prospects are set to showcase their skills at this year’s CFL Combine presented by New Era at Commonwealth Stadium Field House in Edmonton from March 22-26. This year’s event will be the first to feature the revamped five-day format.
Day One will see players take part in medical testing and measurements, and Day Two will include traditional on- and off-field testing, including the 40-yard dash, the bench press and more.
As part of the revamped format, Days Three to Five will be designated for practice sessions involving individual drills and one-on-ones that have been conducted in years past, as well as, several new additions, including the pass skeleton and inside run sessions. CFL coaches will be leading positional groups, and installing offences and defences.
Media members are also invited to take part in a series of virtual media availabilities with the league’s general managers and head coaches from noon to 3 p.m. MT on March 21. Full details to be communicated at a later date.
Media members planning to attend Combine or take part in the media availability must RSVP with Lucas Barrett, Associate Vice-President, Communications and Public Affairs at [email protected] at least three days prior to the event.
Prospects will be available for in-person and phone interviews following the completion of all testing or combine practices. Any media members not in attendance who wish to conduct interviews must coordinate with Lucas Barrett.
GM AND HEAD COACHES VIRTUAL MEDIA AVAILABILITY
- March 21
- Noon to 3 p.m. MT
- Schedule (attendance and times may be subject to change):
- 12 – 12:20 | Montreal | Danny Maciocia and Jason Maas
- 12:20 – 12:40 | Toronto | Ryan Dinwiddie
- 12:40 – 1 | Hamilton | Orlondo Steinauer and Drew Allemang
- 1 – 1:20 | Winnipeg | Kyle Walters and Mike O’Shea
- 1:20 – 1:40 | Saskatchewan | Jeremy O’Day and Craig Dickenson
- 1:40 – 2 | Calgary | Dave Dickenson
- 2 – 2:20 | Edmonton | Chris Jones and Geroy Simon
- 2:20 – 2:40 | BC | Rick Campbell and Neil McEvoy
- 2:40 – 3 | Ottawa | Shawn Burke and Bob Dyce
- Free parking is available at the Commonwealth Stadium Field House
CFL COMBINE PRESENTED BY NEW ERA
- March 22-26
- National prospects roster and results
- Global prospects roster and results
- Testing schedule (attached)
POSITIONAL COACHES AT CFL COMBINE
(Position | Coach)
- Offensive Coordinator & Receivers | Pete Costanza (Toronto Argonauts)
- Quarterbacks | Kelly Jeffrey (Saskatchewan Roughriders)
- Running Backs | Jarryd Baines (Hamilton Tiger-Cats)
- Offensive Line | Paul Charbonneau (Ottawa REDBLACKS) and Marty Costello (Winnipeg Blue Bombers)
- Defensive Coordinator | Dwayne Cameron (Calgary Stampeders)
- Defensive Line | Tanya Henderson (BC Lions)
- Linebackers | Noel Thorpe (Montreal Alouettes)
- Defensive Backs | Brandon Isaac (Edmonton Elks)