Fan engagement will once again be front and centre throughout the week, giving fans from across Canada up-close access to the CFL’s top players. Two media days and a coaches’ press event will ensure some of the most important stories from the league are told, and a Hall of Fame gala will recognize incredible players and moments from the league’s history. And the CFL Combine presented by adidas will shine a spotlight on the future of Canadian football as the country’s top prospects compete to make their mark in front of teams and fans.
“We’re excited for fans to get up close and personal with Mark’s CFL Week after last year’s success in Saskatchewan, and we know that the people of Winnipeg are going to be incredible hosts for this fantastic event,” said Christina Litz, CFL Senior Vice President of Marketing and Content. “It’s everything we love most about our league – accessibility, community, and star power – in one place.”
“With over 380 Mark’s stores across the country, we understand and witness how much Canadians love football. Mark’s CFL Week brings fans together and we couldn’t be more proud to team up with the CFL to give them this ultimate football experience,” said David Lui, VP Marketing, Mark’s.
“We’re thrilled to be able to bring the ultimate CFL experience to Winnipeg fans in the coming year. The ability to host this great event speaks to the passionate fan base in Winnipeg that will come out in droves and make this week a truly memorable one," said Wade Miller, President and CEO, Winnipeg Blue Bombers. We can’t wait to welcome fans, players, coaches and CFL staff from across the country for a fantastic week in celebration of our league."
The inaugural Mark’s CFL Week in Saskatchewan was a tremendous success, putting Canadian Football on a national stage during its off-season. The same is planned for next March when the CFL will celebrate its past, its present and the future of Canadian football. The week will feature league-wide meetings and a focus on the next generation, including:
- The CFL Combine presented by adidas, with increased coverage for fans and media
- Exciting fan engagements, including autograph signings, panels, games, and more
- Multi-day media access opportunities to more than 50 top CFL players
- A gala to announce the Canadian Football Hall of Fame class of 2018
- CFL/TSN player shoot with stars and members of TSN on-site
- Flag football games for kids to learn the fundamentals of the game
- Rules and Competition Committee meetings to discuss new innovations and make our game safer, fairer, and more exciting
- A Football Operations Media Event to put a spotlight on the upcoming season with coaches and general managers
CFL.ca will once again bring unprecedented coverage of Mark’s CFL Week where fans can follow the Combine, Mark’s CFL Week Live shows, and much more.
For more information and tickets to CFL Week, please visit markscflweek.ca. Media accreditation and a more detailed schedule will be released closer to the event.