MARK’S CFL WEEK MEDIA ACCREDITATION AND CONFERENCE CALL
National teleconference call will take place on Thursday to provide more information and take questions from the media about the inaugural Mark’s CFL Week
Wednesday, March 1, 2017 — TORONTO – The Canadian Football League (CFL) is now accepting media accreditation requests for Mark’s CFL Week and the league will host an informational conference call with media on Thursday.
Mark’s CFL Week will be held in Regina, Saskatchewan from March 21-26. One of the biggest off-season events in league history, it features two days of media availability for the league’s top stars, the Canadian Football Hall of Fame class of 2017 announcement, Rules Committee and Competition Committee meetings, head coach media conferences, a week-long FanFest, the CFL National Combine presented by adidas, and more.
Submit your media accreditation request here.
Requests for media accreditation must be submitted by March 10. Please contact Lucas Barrett (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Mark’s CFL Week Informational Conference Call Details:
What: Mark's CFL Week Informational Teleconfernece
When: Thursday, March 2, 2017
1:00 p.m. EST
Call-In Number: 416.406.0743 / 1.800.898.3989
On the Call: Matt Maychak, Vice President, Communications & Public Affairs, CFL
Paulo Senra, Communications Director, CFL
Highlights to Mark’s CFL Week Include:
- Star players are coming: 50 of the CFL’s top players will be in town for the week to attend various events, including a massive TSN/RDS/adidas photo and video shoot for the upcoming season. Stars confirmed so far include Bo Levi Mitchell, Jerome Messam, DaVaris Daniels, Alex Singleton, Charleston Hughes, Mike Reilly, Adarius Bowman, Almondo Sewell, John White, JC Sherritt, Naaman Roosevelt, Rob Bagg, Henoc Muamba, Willie Jefferson, Kevin Glenn, Andrew Harris, Jamaal Westerman, Weston Dressler, Matt Nichols, Taylor Loffler, Zach Collaros, Simoni Lawrence, Luke Tasker, Ted Laurent, Drew Willy, Shawn Lemon, Trevor Harris, Brad Sinopoli, Antoine Pruneau, Darian Durant, Bear Woods, Manny Arceneaux, and Samuel Giguère.
- Legends will be honoured: For the first time, the names of the 2017 Class of the Canadian Football Hall of Famewill be unveiled to fans at a VIP Reception on March 22 at the sparkling new Mosaic Stadium. A Who’s Who of CFL greats past and present – including Don Narcisse, George Reed, Gene Makowsky and Damon Allen -- will join fans for an intimate look at the Saskatchewan Roughriders’ new home and news about one of the most anticipated classes in the Hall’s history. Tickets go on sale March 1.
- The next generation will be on display: The CFL National Combine, presented by adidas, where the 60 best prospects from Canadian university football and the NCAA strut their stuff for CFL coaches and general managers, takes place March 24 and 25 at Evraz Place. It’s preceded by the Western Regional Combine, on March 23, the last chance for local talent to earn an invite to the national event.
- CFL brass will tackle the state of the game: The coaches, general managers and team and league executives will meet to chart the course for the upcoming season, with the Rules Committee gathering on March 21 and 22 and the Competition Committee meeting March 22.
- CFL coaches will hold court: East and West Division head coaches will talk about their plans for the upcoming season at special media conferences on March 23.
- Young arms will impress: The Canada West Passing Showcase on March 25 and 26 will feature first- and second-year football athletes from the University of Regina, University of Manitoba, University of Alberta and University of Saskatchewan in a fun but ferocious touch football showdown.
- Fans in Saskatchewan can experience it: The CFL FanFest at Evraz Place from March 21 to 25, features autograph sessions with players and alumni, your chance to take your photo with the Grey Cup trophy, the opportunity to participate in your own CFL Combine, and prizes and activities delivered by Kal-Tire, BOKS, Athabasca University, Michelin and other members of the CFL family. And the Fan Cave beer garden will be open on weekday afternoons and all day Saturday.
- Fans everywhere can be a part of it: Mark’s CFL Week Live will be streamed LIVE each day at 4pm CT on Facebook. Host Brodie Lawson will connect fans with their favourite CFL personalities.