TORONTO (October 26, 2022) – The Canadian Football League (CFL) has announced six team award winners from each CFL club who will advance to the next stage of voting in the lead up to the 2022 CFL Awards.
The winners were selected by their respective CFL city’s voting members of the Football Reporters of Canada (FRC), as well as their team’s head coach.
Voters were tasked with selecting players whose on-field performances best represent the team’s Most Outstanding Player, Most Outstanding Canadian, Most Outstanding Defensive Player, Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman, Most Outstanding Rookie, and Most Outstanding Special Teams Player.
The East and West Division finalists for the 2022 CFL Awards will be announced on Thursday, November 3.
The CFL ON TSN’s Kate Beirness returns to host the 2022 CFL Awards Thursday, November 17 at Conexus Arts Centre in Regina. Tickets can be purchased for CFL Awards here.
Beginning at 6 p.m. local, the evening is one of the flagship events in the lead-up to the country’s largest single-day sporting event – the Grey Cup. The 2022 Grey Cup Festival opens on Tuesday, November 15 in Saskatoon before moving to Regina from Wednesday to Saturday. For more information surrounding the CFL Awards and additional events, including dates, venues, purchasing details and more, please visit GreyCupFestival.ca.
The 109th Grey Cup will be played in Regina at Mosaic Stadium on Sunday, November 20 with kickoff slated for 5 p.m. local/6 p.m. ET. The sold-out contest will be broadcast across the nation on TSN and RDS – Canada’s home of the CFL.
2022 TEAM AWARD WINNERS
* Denotes a unanimous decision
- Player: Nathan Rourke
- Defensive: Garry Peters
- Canadian: Nathan Rourke
- Offensive lineman: Joel Figueroa
- Special teams: Sean Whyte
- Rookie: Emmanuel Rugamba
- Player: Kenny Lawler
- Defensive: Jake Ceresna
- Canadian: Adam Konar
- Offensive lineman: Mark Korte*
- Special teams: Christian Saulsberry
- Rookie: Kevin Brown
- Player: Ka’Deem Carey*
- Defensive: Shawn Lemon
- Canadian: Cameron Judge
- Offensive lineman: Derek Dennis
- Special teams: Rene Paredes
- Rookie: Peyton Logan
- Player: Darnell Sankey
- Defensive: Darnell Sankey
- Canadian: Kian Schaffer-Baker*
- Offensive lineman: Logan Ferland
- Special teams: Mario Alford*
- Rookie: Frankie Hickson
WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS
- Player: Zach Collaros*
- Defensive: Willie Jefferson
- Canadian: Nic Demski
- Offensive lineman: Stanley Bryant
- Special teams: Janarion Grant
- Rookie: Dalton Schoen*
- Player: Tim White
- Defensive: Jovan Santos-Knox
- Canadian: Tunde Adeleke
- Offensive lineman: Brandon Revenberg*
- Special teams: Seth Small
- Rookie: Seth Small
- Player: McLeod Bethel-Thompson
- Defensive: Wynton McManis*
- Canadian: Kurleigh Gittens Jr.
- Offensive lineman: Dejon Allen
- Special teams: Daniel Adeboboye
- Rookie: Gregor MacKellar
- Player: Lorenzo Mauldin
- Defensive: Lorenzo Mauldin*
- Canadian: Nate Behar
- Offensive lineman: Jacob Ruby*
- Special teams: Louis-Philippe Bourassa
- Rookie: Devonte Williams
- Player: Eugene Lewis*
- Defensive: Adarius Pickett*
- Canadian: Marc-Antoine Dequoy
- Offensive lineman: Landon Rice
- Special teams: Chandler Worthy
- Rookie: Tyson Philpot*