THREE TO GO
(Team | Remaining opponents | Combined record)
- Winnipeg (12-4) | Bye, EDM, @CGY | 8-23 (.258)
- BC (11-5) | @HAM, CGY, Bye | 12-19 (.387)
- Saskatchewan (6-10) | @CGY, TOR, Bye | 17-13 (.567)
- Calgary (4-11) | SSK, @BC, WPG | 29-19 (.604)
- Edmonton (4-12) | MTL, @WPG, Bye | 21-11 (.656)
- Toronto (13-2) | OTT, @SSK, @OTT | 14-34 (.292)
- Montreal (9-7) | @EDM, Bye, HAM | 12-20 (.375)
- Hamilton (8-8) | BC, Bye, @MTL | 20-12 (.625)
- Ottawa (4-12) | @TOR, Bye, TOR | 26-4 (.867)
SHOWDOWN IN CALGARY
- McMahon Stadium will host a marquee matchup in Week 19 when the Saskatchewan Roughriders visit. Currently, both teams have control of their destiny.
- A Roughriders win secures a playoff spot. A Stampeders win would give them the season series which could be a pivotal tiebreaker and pull them level at 11 losses.
- Dickenson Bowl: Dave leads the series with a 7-2 record versus Craig as head coach.
- In the two meetings this season, there were seven lead changes with each game being decided in the final three minutes and a margin no greater than three points. Both games were won by road teams including an overtime game.
- In the event of a tie, Saskatchewan would hold the tie-breaker by a single point.
- Jake Maier has a 3-1 record versus the Roughriders as a starter.
- In the last seven meetings in Calgary, Saskatchewan holds the edge 4-3
- Since 2010, the Roughriders won a season series against the Stampeders only once in 2018.
- Stats from the first two meetings this season:
- Jamal Morrow registered 245 yards from scrimmage
- Tevin Jones made eight receptions for 159 yards and two touchdowns
- Micah Awe racked up 19 defensive tackles and two special teams tackles
- Maier has passed for 603 yards with three touchdown passes and four interceptions
- Brady Oliveira (1,426), James Butler (1,049), and Kevin Brown (1,032) have reached the 1,000-yard rushing mark this season.
- Looking to join the trio; AJ Ouellette (959) needs 41 more yards and Devonte Williams (827) needs 173 yards to join the club.
- Since 2011, there have only been two seasons with four or more 1,000-yard rushers (2012 and 2019)
- Butler became the first Ticats running back to record a 1,000-yard rushing season since 2010 when DeAndra’ Cobb (1,173) did so.
Up for grabs:
- Dalton Schoen (1,222), Tim White (1,157), Keon Hatcher (1,134), Austin Mack (1,097), Alexander Hollins (1,072) and Reggie Begelton (1,053) have reached the 1,000 receiving yards mark
- Up next; Nic Demski (on bye this week, 979), Samuel Emilus (903) Tevin Jones (882) and Shawn Bane Jr. (865)
- Last season saw 10 receivers reach the 1000-yard mark.
- In the two interdivisional games last week, both East teams won bringing the season series against West teams to 17-12. With only three more interdivisional games, the East won the series for the first time since 2015 and the second time since 2004.
- Last week’s games averaged a duration of 2:45, among those games was a 2:37 game (Ottawa/Montreal)
- Winnipeg’s late 10-point comeback victory last week marked the 12th time this season a team was able to win when trailing 10+ points.
- In Week 18 kickers made 18 of 21 (86 per cent) field goal tries after three weeks at an average of just 76 per cent.
- Calgary is coming off its third bye week of the season. Teams are 13-5 on a week’s rest.
- Zach Collaros (28,474) has passed Kerry Joseph (28,097) and moved into the top 20 in all-time passing. Collaros is 3rd among active quarterbacks following Bo Levi Mitchell (33,384) and Trevor Harris (29,884).
- BC’s Mathieu Betts registered a sack last week to reach 16 on the season. With one more, he will tie the Canadian record set by Brent Johnson in 2005.
- Vernon Adams Jr. has passed for 300+ yards in seven of his previous eight games. He leads the league with 10 overall.
- Jake Ceresna has four sacks and 12 tackles in his last three games.
- Bo Levi Mitchell returned from injury to pick up his 92nd career win. He ranks 12th on the all-time wins list and is two victories shy of Doug Flutie for 11th.
- In his last two games, Tim White has six receptions for 225 yards (37.5 yards per catch). White’s teammate, James Butler has 286 yards from scrimmage in the last two games.
- Eugene Lewis (4,972) needs 28 receiving yards to reach 5,000 in his career.
- Shawn Lemon became the 13th player to reach 100 career sacks. His next sack will tie him with Odell Willis (101) for 12th on the all-time list.
- Elks linebacker Adam Konar and Riders offensive lineman Evan Johnson will play their 100th game this week. Johnson’s teammate, Philip Blake played in his 100th game last week against Hamilton.
- Among the top-15 rushers in the league this season, five are quarterbacks - two of them have 500+ yards (Dustin Crum 655, Tre Ford 561).
- Jason Maas returns to Edmonton for the first time as head coach of the Alouettes. Maas as an Edmonton quarterback made 37 starts for going 20-17.
- Montreal has won its last two visits to Edmonton after a six-game losing streak.
- Ticats' next victory will be Orlondo Steinauer’s 40th as head coach.