- Saturday’s contest against Toronto will be BC’s Nathan Rourke’s fourth career start (2-1). The Victoria native is looking to become just the second Canadian QB to start his career with a 3-1 record.
- Notable Canadian pivots after four starts:
- Frank Cosentino | 3-1
- Gerry Doucette | 2-2
- Don Getty | 2-2
- Greg Vavra | 2-2
- Gerry Dattilio | 1-2-1
- Eric Guthrie | 1-3
- Russ Jackson | 1-3
- Through two games, the Roughriders have registered 13 sacks – nine more than any other club.
- Ten different players have recorded a sack with Pete Robertson (3) and Larry Dean (2) collecting more than one.
- Saskatchewan takes on the Alouettes this week, who have allowed six sacks through two games.
STALLIONS DOWN THE STRETCH
- Calgary is 2-0, but has trailed by 10+ points in each game.
- The Stampeders have trailed each game after three quarters. From 2015 to 2021, they were 10-18 under those circumstances.
- Calgary’s 24-point turnaround in Hamilton was the franchise’s sixth comeback from 20+ points and two shy of the team record; it was also the eighth largest in league history.
- It was also the second time in league history that a team has recovered from a 24-0 deficit.
- Seven of eight contests (88 per cent) have been decided in the final three minutes, with four coming down to late game drives.
- Games this year have averaged 48.1 points per game – an increase of 11.7 per cent.
- There have been 16 lead changes this season and four games have been decided by three points or less.
- Week 1 quarterbacks scrambled out of the pocket on 20 occasions, but only 12 times in Week 2.
- The Riders are looking to start 3-0 in back-to-back years.
- Montreal’s Eugene Lewis registered consecutive 100-yard games to open the season (239 yards total). Lucky Whitehead accomplished the feat with BC in 2021, totaling 244 yards.
- Hamilton and Winnipeg have split their previous eight games, with six being double-digit victories.
- Last week, the Ticats’ Tim White recorded career marks in targets (14), catches (11) and receiving yards (131).
- Hamilton’s Dane Evans made a career-high 36 completed passes, while recording the second-ever 400+ yard game.
- Collaros has passed for 416 yards, three touchdowns, and one interception through two games. He is a career 1-2 against Hamilton.
- Winnipeg is 2-0 after recording 19-17 and 19-12 victories over Ottawa. Since 2015, when failing to reach 20 points, the Bombers are 5-21; when holding opponents to fewer than 20, the team is 31-2.
- Last week, Edmonton’s Kenny Lawler set career highs with 17 targets and 12 receptions. His 149 yards was the highest by a receiver this season, and it was his fourth career 100-yard game.
- Nick Arbuckle will make his third start for the Elks this week. It will be his first start against his former team – the Stampeders.
- On Saturday, Bo Levi Mitchell will play in his 150th game in the CFL (86-22-2 – .791). He has more career wins against Edmonton than any other opponent (13-4).
- Rene Paredes has made his last 26 field goal attempts, for the eighth-longest streak in CFL history. It is the third-longest streak of his career (32 and 39).
- Bryan Burnham is looking to extend his streak of games with a catch to 98. Over that stretch, he has 439 receptions for 6,648 yards and 38 TDs.
- The Argos registered one 2-and-out last week, after averaging 4.5 per game in 2021. Through two weeks this season, teams have combined to average 9.6 per game.
- Toronto last faced a starting Canadian QB was on October 27, 1996, coincidentally against the Lions, with Giulio Caravatta under centre.