- Argonauts’ running back Andrew Harris (9,925) needs 75 rushing yards to reach 10,000 in his career.
- He would become the first Canadian to reach the benchmark, and the 6th player ever to do this joining:
- Mike Pringle | 16,425 rushing yards
- George Reed | 16,115 rushing yards
- Damon Allen | 11,920 rushing yards
- Johnny Bright | 10,909 rushing yards
- Charles Roberts | 10,285 rushing yards
- Harris this season has rushed for 264 yards while averaging 4.3 yards per carry.
- Last week in Wolfville, NS, Harris (15,228) passed Milt Stegall (15,209) for fourth on the all-time yards from scrimmage list.
SIX STARTS IN
- Through six career starts in the CFL, Nathan Rourke is averaging 318 passing yards per game while going 4-2 in those games.
- Only Jeff Garcia (364), David Archer (323), and Dave Dickenson (311) averaged 300+ yards in their first 6 career starts.
- Notable QBs and their average passing yards in their first six games:
- Warren Moon | 278 yards
- Ricky Ray | 273 yards
- Khari Jones | 266 yards
- Tom Wilkinson | 254 yards
- Henry Burris | 253 yards
ON PACE FOR CAREER YEARS
- Blue Bombers’ wide receiver Greg Ellingson leads the CFL with 34 receptions and 518 yards. He is on pace for 1,554 yards and 102 catches.
- In ten games last season he notched 47 receptions for 687 yards.
- His career-high came in 2017 with Ottawa when he recorded 96 catches for 1,459 yards.
- Ellingson has recorded five 1.000-yard seasons in his nine seasons in the league.
- Lions’ second-year pivot through four games has registered 1,355 passing yards.
- His torrid pace has him passing for 6,098 – which would be the third most in league history. It would pass Russ Jackson’s Canadian record of 3,641 set in 1969.
- His pace of 54 touchdown passes this season would also be a CFL record.
- Second-year Roughriders’ running back Jamal Morrow is on pace for his first 1,000-yard season. Currently he is on pace for 1,236 rushing yards.
- His pace of 3,156 combined yards would be the second most by a Rider, only trailing Corey Holmes (3,455).
- Morrow currently leads the CFL in rushing yards with 412.
- Blue Bombers’ quarterback Zach Collaros leads the league with 1,536 passing yards this season. He is on pace to pass for 4,608 which would smash his previous high of 3,376 in 2015.
- He’s also on pace for 27 TD passes, in 2015 he finished with 25.
- Through six games this season the Mississauga, ON native is seventh in the league with 370 yards on 32 receptions.
- He’s on pace for his first 1,000-yard season and would become the first Canadian to set that mark since Brad Sinopoli did so in 2018.
- Schaffer-Baker also leads the league with 201 yards after the catch, on pace for 603 this season.
JOVAN SANTOS KNOX
- Tiger-Cats’ linebacker Jovan Santos-Knox is on pace for 115 tackles this season.
- It’s his fifth CFL season and his personal best is 82 set in 2018.
- He’s also on pace to record 133 defensive plays this season.
- Stampeders’ running back Ka’Deem Carey sits second in the league in rushing with 379 yards (75.8 per game).
- If he continues his pace, he will record hist first 1,000-yard season with 1,364 yards.
- His pace would be the best by a Stampeder running back since 2013 when Jon Cornish ran for 1,813 yards.
- In this third CFL season, receiver Jaelon Acklin is making his presence known with the REDBLACKS.
- His 410 yards ranks him fourth in the CFL.
- He’s on pace for 1,476 yards and 90 receptions. His best season came in 2019 when he recorded 708 yards with Hamilton.
- About last week:
- Games averaged 52.5 points per game.
- Each game was decided by one possession (8 points or less) – the last time that occurred for an entire slate of games was in Week 9 of the 2019 season.
- Against the Stampeders, Greg Ellingson matched Elks’ receiver Kenny Lawler’s season-high of 11 catches in a game.
- Teams coming off a bye week are 5-2 this week. BC this week will look to get a victory following their bye.
- All-time Passing List:
- Stampeders quarterback Bo Levi Mitchell (31,830) surpassed Darian Durant (31,740) for 15th on the all-time list
- Alouettes quarterback Trevor Harris (25,424) passed Condredge Holloway (25,193) for 20th on the all-time list
- The Argonauts are looking to sweep the season series against the Roughriders for this first time since 2015.
- Blue Bombers’ linebacker Adam Bighill moved into 8th on the all-time tackles list with 767, passing Greg Battle (766 tackles).
- Hamilton has lost the turnover battle in every game this season. Prior to this season they only lost the turnover battle nine times in Steinauer’s first 32 games as head coach.
- Despite starting the season 1-4 the Alouettes have only a -2-point differential.
- Home teams this season are 14-9 (.609) this season.
- 65% of games have been decided in the final three minutes.
- BC and Calgary are the only teams to have won multiple coaches’ challenges.
- Winnipeg is 4-0 in games decided in the final three minutes.
- Roughriders’ kicker Brett Lauther has made all three of his field goal attempts of 50+ yards this season.
- Elks’ receiver Manny Arceneaux is on pace for 923 receiving yards this season. It would be the most since he racked up 1,137 in 2017 with BC.
- Trevor Harris is 5-2 against the REDBLACKS in his career.