107TH GREY CUP PRESENTED BY SHAW
HAMILTON TIGER-CATS VS. WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 24 AT 6 P.M. ET
TSN, RDS, ESPN2
- The Hamilton Tiger-Cats are 8-12 (.400) in the Grey Cup. They last played for the championship in the 102nd Grey Cup in BC where they were defeated 20-16 by Calgary. They last won the Grey Cup in 1999 by a score of 32-21 over Calgary.
- The Winnipeg Blue Bombers own a 10-14 (.417) record in the Grey Cup. They last appeared in the championship game in 2011 at the 99th Grey Cup where they were defeated by the BC Lions 34-23. The last time Winnipeg won the Grey Cup was in 1990 against Edmonton. With this appearance, Winnipeg joins Edmonton in a tie for the most Grey Cup appearances at 25.
- The 107th Grey Cup will feature the two clubs with the longest current absence from winning the the championship, Hamilton having last won in 1999, and Winnipeg in 1990. It will also ensure a fifth different Grey Cup winner in the last five years.
- Teams from Hamilton and Winnipeg have met in the championship game ten times, including as the Tigers and ‘Pegs in 1935 and in 1943 as military service teams. The modern-day incarnations of the two teams have met in the Championship game eight times:
- 1953 (Hamilton won 12-6)
- 1957 (Hamilton won 32-7)
- 1958 (Winnipeg won 35-28)
- 1959 (Winnipeg won 21-7)
- 1961 (Winnipeg won 21-14)
- 1962 (Winnipeg won 28-27)
- 1965 (Hamilton won 22-16)
- 1984 (Winnipeg won 47-17)
- Hamilton swept the season series:
- Week 7: HAM 23 – WPG 15 in Hamilton
- Week 16: HAM 33 – WPG 13 in Winnipeg
- Orlondo Steinauer and Mike O’Shea will be making their Grey Cup head coaching debuts. Steinauer played in three Grey Cups, winning twice (1999 and 2004). He won the Grey Cup as the defensive backs coach of the Toronto Argonauts in 2012. O’Shea played in and won three Grey Cups with Toronto.
- Dane Evans will make his Grey Cup debut, while Zach Collaros will be starting in his second Grey Cup start with his first coming in 2014.
- Dane Evans is 1-0 against Winnipeg in his career while Zach Collaros is 0-1 versus Hamilton.
- The game will mark the first time Calgary has hosted the Grey Cup in a decade and the fifth time overall (1975, 1993, 2000 and 2009). This will be Hamilton's first Grey Cup game at McMahon Stadium. For the Blue Bombers it will be their second visit, having played there in the 81st Grey Cup in 1993.
Tickets, as low as $150, are on-sale now for the 107th Grey Cup presented by Shaw at Calgary’s McMahon Stadium on Sunday, November 24, featuring Keith Urban in the Freedom Mobile Grey Cup Halftime Show. The game is set to kick off at 6 p.m. ET live on TSN, RDS and ESPN2. A limited number of tickets are still available. For more information, click here.
Several ticketed events for the 2019 Grey Cup Festival presented by Shaw are on-sale now, including the Shaw CFL Awards, the Canadian Tire CFL Alumni Association Legends Luncheon, the Alberta Blue Cross Grey Cup Gala Dinner, the Cheer Extravaganza, the first-ever Grey Cup Rodeo, the SiriusXM Saturday Night Concert presented by Coors Light, and more. Additional event details, dates and purchasing information can be found at GreyCupFestival.ca.