Friday, March 23, 2018 — WINNIPEG – Canadian Football League (CFL) prospects for the 2018 CFL Draft will work out in front of scouts, coaches, general managers and player personnel from all nine teams this weekend at the CFL Combine presented by adidas.
The #CFLCombine features top National U SPORTS and NCAA players from across the country, including those who earned invites through a series of three regional combines held over the last month in Montreal, Toronto, and Winnipeg.
Fans and media can stay up to date with the testing results from the CFL Combine presented by adidas on CFL.ca.
Attached is a copy of the 2018 media guide for the CFL Combine presented by adidas.
SCHEDULE: CFL COMBINE PRESENTED BY ADIDAS
SATURDAY, MARCH 24 – RBC CONVENTION CENTRE
8:30 a.m. OL, DL, RB, QB, LB, DB & WR height & weight, hand & arm measurements, video shot
10:00 a.m. OL, DL, RB, QB, LB, DB & WR 40-yard dash, short shuttle and 3-cone drill
Players will be made available by request after the completion of morning testing.
7:00 p.m. – 8:15 p.m. WR, DB, RB, LB, QB, DL & OL bench press
Players will be made available by request after the completion of evening testing.
SUNDAY, MARCH 25 – UNIVERSITY OF WINNIPEG RECPLEX
9:00 a.m. OL, DL, RB, LB, QB, WR & DB broad jump and vertical jump
11:00 a.m. Individual and group drills
2:30 p.m. Completion of combine
Players will be made available by request after the completion of all testing.
Media Access Notes:
• Because of multiple arrival times on Friday, all media interviews need to be coordinated through CFL Communications. Media is not permitted in the rooms for medical testing, measurements, flexibility and body fat percentage that day.
• On Saturday and Sunday, all player interviews will take place following the completion of the prospects’ testing and evaluation drills.
• Media members covering the events are asked to do so in the designated media areas.
• Only CFL production and football operation cameras will be permitted on the field. No additional cameras will have access to the field to protect the safety of the players and the live broadcast. Camera operators without the appropriate accreditation will be asked to leave the field and move to a designated media area.
• Only accredited photographers & videographers with CFL bibs are permitted on field.
Media Footage Acquisition:
• Media can access a clean feed of a highlight pack of the CFL’s Combine broadcast (which will include top performers of the 40-Yard Dash, Bench Press and B-roll of player individuals drills and 1-on-1s). Usage, for editorial purposes only, will be limited to 30 seconds (cumulative total) at no cost. Footage cannot be sold. Please contact CFL Communications with requests.
Director, Communications and Public Affairs